As creatives, it's important we understand who our source is. We cannot come to the fruition of who God has called us to be if we do not fully depend on Him. I know we all want to be pioneers and trailblazers, but we need to go to God first and ask Him to equip us with what we need to achieve these goals. He is the only one that will help us tap into the creative power we're looking for. Below are 7 bible verses and prayers I believe every creative should pray continually in order to live a life of divine creativity and success.
1 Corinthians 2:9 (NLT) - “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him."
- Prayer: God please help me create what's next. Lord, please give me ideas that eyes have not seen, ears have not heard, and no mind has imagined. The root of creativity lives in You, You know where the gaps are. Please plant ideas in my heart and mind that will help me fill these gaps according to Your plan and purpose. Lord, I'm on this earth to be a vessel for Your glory and Your greatness. Do the impossible through me. Give me divine inspiration and instruction to carry out Your plans. Lord, I want to create ideas that are so ingenious that when accomplished the only person who will get the credit is You. Ultimately, I pray my ideas inspire people to get closer to You.
2 Corinthians 12:9 (NLT) - "Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me."
- Prayer: God thank You for Your promises. I know that You work best with underdogs, people who are overlooked and are unqualified in the eyes of men, but in You have everything they need to be elevated. Lord, please use my weaknesses to elevate me and bring more glory to Your name. When people are looking down on me, doubting my ideas, and questioning Your call for my life, please do not let me join them in that discouragement. God, please encourage me to be confident in my weaknesses because I know that Your power, Your strength, and Your everlasting grace works best when I am weak. You use my weaknesses to emphasize Your greatness and if I claim to be Your vessel, I need to find power in what You will enable me to do through You. My weaknesses remind me that I can't do it alone, they draw me closer to You, and force me to depend on You more so I thank You for that. The more confident I am in my shortcomings the more I will gain power and strength through You. I thank You because the same weaknesses that people look down on me for are the same weaknesses You will use to raise me up high.
Proverbs 3:5 (NLT) - "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding."
- Prayer: God thank You for being my creative director. Thank You for guiding me and leading me into the divine destiny you have in store for me. It's easy to think that I know it all, but I don't. I don't have all the answers, You do. More often than not, I won't know the "how" but I know the "who" and that is You. You are the one that will strengthen and qualify me. You are the one that will fill me with ideas and creativity that the world has yet to witness. You are the one that will give me the wisdom to carry out those ideas so that they will be manifested in Your name. Lord, even when it doesn't make sense to me, give me the confidence to trust that You know what You're doing. Lord, please do not let fear or anxiety push me to depend on my own understanding. Lord, not only are you my creative director but you are my creative consultant. Help me to consult You before I act and lean on Your direction alone.
Ephesians 3:20 (NIV) - "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us."
- Prayer: God please work through me and equip me with everything I need to accomplish immeasurably more than all I ask or imagine. According to the dictionary, immeasurably means "to an extreme or extensive degree." God take my ideas to the extreme. Lord push the envelope of creativity when it comes to me. Help me exceed expectations in every area of my life through Your power alone. God with You, I am limitless and my creativity knows no boundaries -- let this be a constant reminder whenever the enemy tries to convince me other wise.
Matthew 10:20 (NLT) - "For it is not you who will be speaking—it will be the Spirit of your Father speaking through you."
- Prayer: Lord I pray that every thought, every word, and every action that comes from me originates from You first. I pray that my thoughts embody Your wisdom, my words embody Your power and creativity, and my actions embody Your love. God, please enable me to walk into every presentation and meeting with words of authority, so when I speak people hear Your voice and not mine.
2 Timothy 1:7 (NKJV) - "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
- Prayer: God being a creative can be trying at times. I have so many ideas brewing in my mind and it's easy for fear to penetrate my thoughts to discourage me from carrying out what You've placed in my heart. Father, please remind that You have not given me a spirit of fear. Your ideas don't come with fear, they only come with power, love, and peace. Lord help me tap into the power you have given me. Help me understand that I am powerful and a force to be reckoned with. Remind me that my ideas have the power to change lives, creatively disrupt, and dominate industries. Regardless of my circumstances, remind me that I have the power to overcome every roadblock that is trying to stifle my creativity. Lord help me tap into the love You've given me. Even when people don't show my ideas love, remind me that the only love I need is from You. Do not let me grow dependent on the validation of others. Allow me to seek validation and love for my ideas from You alone, and in doing so I know You will send the right people to invest love into the plans You have for me. Lord help me tap into the sound mind You've given me. To be of sound mind is to float with peace even in the midst of the storm. God some people will reject my ideas, discourage me, my finances might not be where they need to be but help me to have peace that surpasses all understanding. Lord, I know You will not give me ideas that Your grace cannot sustain. Help me to regulate my thoughts so I'm only inviting the type of thoughts that will establish and maintain my peace throughout this creative process.
Philippians 4:13 (NKJV) - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
- Prayer: Lord I thank You for Your all-encompassing power. I thank You for being a whole God. In You, I can do all things, not some, not one, but everything. Lord whenever the enemy tries to infiltrate my thoughts and convince me that I am not capable, help me to rely on the truth of Your Word. Because of You, I am more than a conqueror. Because of You, I am the head and not the tail. Because of You, I am the house on the hill that can never be hidden. Lord, please do not let the doubts people have on my calling make me doubt what You've called me to do. Let this Word constantly dwell in my heart to remind me that in You I am all that I need to be to do all that You've destined for me to do.